One of my valued surety markets, Travelers Surety, has authored several white papers on various contractor topics as their contribution to the construction industry. The articles listed below are common issues faced by contractors. The articles are informative and should be very helpful to your understanding of the topics. Please contact me for discussion once you have reviewed your area of interest.
- Alternative Project Delivery
- Consequential Damages
- Contract Long Term Exposures
- Design Build
- Hazardous Materials Risk
- Joint Ventures
- LEED Projects
- Liquidated Damages
- Native American Tribes
- Private Public Partnerships
- Private to Public Construction Transition
- Small Business Programs
- Third Party Indemnity
Here are more articles you might have an interest in:
- Brace for Impact? The New California Labor Code Section 218.7’s Implications
- Lease-leaseback projects. California Appelate Court (2015) does not rule favorably for them.
- Pre-qualification questionnaires by public owners—Legal Opinion Letter (2015)
Any contractor interested in bidding on public projects should be aware of the facts and issues surrounding prequalification questionnaires. This is an important issue to be well-informed on.
Sign up to ensure you receive your quarterly email. This information will only be used to send you useful, pertinent, and important information pertaining to the surety and construction industries. Thank you for your interest and for suggesting topics!